Biarritz is in Aquitaine on the French Atlantic coast very near the Spanish border.
Paris to Biarritz by Train
TGV trains to Biarritz leave from Paris Gare Montparnasse Paris train station (17 Boulevard de Vaugirard, Paris, 14th arrondissement) all through the day.
Metro lines to and from Gare Montparnasse
- Ligne 4 – Porte de Clignancourt to Porte d’Orleans
- Ligne 6 - Charles de Gaulle Etoile to Nation
- Ligne 12 - Porte de la Chapelle to Mairie d’Issey
- Ligne 13 - Saint Denis/Universite et Gabriel Peri-Asnieres Gennevillers to Chatillon-Montrouge.
For buses, see the Paris Bus map
TGV trains to Biarritz train station
- Paris direct to Biarritz train station takes 5 hrs 20 mins.
- There is a direct overnight train, taking 10 hrs 24 mins leaving from Gare Austerlitz.
- Paris to Biarritz train station with 1 change. TGV to Bordeaux, then TER to Biarritz takes 6 hours 06 mins.
- Paris to Biarritz train station with 1 change. TGV to Dax, then TGV to Biarritz takes 5 hrs 17 mins.
- Lille (which connects with Eurostar) to Biarritz train station with 1 change. TGV goes to Bordeaux, then TER to Biarriz takes 7 hours 22 mins. If you go via Paris it involves changing stations.
- Roissy Charles de Gaulle Airport to Biarritz train station with 1 change. TGV to Bordeaux then TER to Biarritz takes 6 hours 30 mins.
See the major TER services on the TER website
Biarritz Station is in La Negresse quartier, 4 km south east of the center at the end of avenue Foch/avenue Kennedy.
Booking Train Travel in France
Getting to Biarritz by plane
Biarritz airport is 4 km inland from the center, off the D810.
International connections include Stockholm, Copenhagen, Brussels, Geneva, Paris, Lille, Strasbourg, Lyon, Marseille and Nice. Ryanair and Easyjet fly from London and Dublin. Bus no. 14 goes between the airport and Biarritz center.
Paris to Biarritz by car
The distance from Paris to Biarritz is around 780 kms (354 miles) and the journey takes around 7 hours depending on your speed. There will be toll charges.
For information on hiring a car under the lease-back scheme which is the most economical way of hiring a car if you’re in France for more than 17 days, try Renault Eurodrive Buy Back Lease.
Compare car rental rates in Europe.
Getting from London to Paris
- By train (Eurostar)
Eurostar between London, Paris and Lille
- By bus/coach Eurolines offers a cheap service from London, Gillingham, Canterbury, Folkestone and Dover to Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport and Paris Gallieni. Six coaches a day; 2 overnight; journey time is 7 hours. The Eurolines stop is at the Paris Gallieni Coach Station, 28 ave du General de Gaulle, just by the Gallieni metro station near the Porte de Bagnolet (Metro line 3, final stop).
- IDBus also operates between London and Lille and London and Paris. IDBus also goes from Lille to Amsterdam and Brussels.