Paris is the city of romance and a tremendously popular destination for couples, lovers and honeymooners. The city is filled with cozy, intimate, romantic hotels and accomodations. Be sure you get the best of this snuggle time with this list of top romantic Paris hotels.
1. Hotel du Jeu de Paume
This is a great four-star hotel in a perfect location, almost dead center in the city. The architecture is unique, as this was once a royal tennis court. It is situated in the heart of the quaint Ile Saint Louis
neighborhood, perfect for strolling hand-in-hand, leisurely dinners and kissing while overlooking the Seine River. The interior features timbered beams, and the glass elevator provides splendid views on the open indoor courtyard.
2. Chateau de MontvillargenneThis is one of the more lovely and unique chateau hotels in the Paris area, and is located 20 miles from the city and a mile from the Chantilly rail station. The stunning castle built in 1900 is the epitome of romance, featuring a whirlpool tub in every finely appointed non-smoking room. There is an indoor pool, a sauna and three golf courses within five minutes of the chateau.
3. L'HotelThis quaint, boutique style hotel is intimate and inviting for any couple looking for a little Parisian romance. This hip hotel, formerly seeing guests like Oscar Wilde and other authors, is situated in the youthful and artistic Left Bank St. Germain de Pres neighborhood. Couples can spend hours sitting at nearby cafes, gazing into one another's lovestruck eyes. The themed rooms are stunning and luxurious. The thermal baths right inside the hotel are simply made for honeymooners!
4. Hotel de BanvilleIn the quieter 17th arrondissement of Paris, this lovely and charming small hotel makes a fine city getaway for romance. Each room features its own unique decor and style. Some rooms feature balconies with views of the Eiffel Tower. The turndown service, robes and slippers make a stay feel indulgent.
5. Hotel Britannique
If you are a couple on a budget, but you still want the romance of Paris, this is a fabulous cheap hotel. The rooms are small, but hey, it is just the two of you. It has probably one of the most central locations in all of Paris, though, a block from the Seine and in the first arrondissement.
6. Hotel Claridge BellmanExperience true French joie de vivre and excuisite style at this lovely 42-room small hotel near the Champs Elysees. It's the little touches here that will make any couple feel doted upon: the Claridge Honesty Bar, where you can serve yourself and leave a note stating what you took. Guests also have the option to choose which period-decorated room they want. The decor will make you believe you stepped into Paris of yesteryear.
7. Hotel Saint-James & AlbanyBuilt in the 1600s and the former residence of a duke, this hotel simply exudes class. It is situated near Tulieres Gardens, a wonderful spot for a romantic stroll. Guests can indulge in the hotel's spa services, including an indoor pool and massages. The restaurant in the hotel is superb. A couple could easily cocoon in this wonderful hotel.
8. Hotel LutetiaThis art deco hotel is one of the prime romantic Left Bank accommodations. The rooms are large for Paris, with even the least expensive, smallest room running 185 square feet. The hotel just screams Left Bank style and atmosphere.
9. Duquesne Eiffel HotelThe Eiffel Tower is probably one of the world's major symbols of romance. Stay a short and pleasant walk (through the lovely Champs des Mars) from the Eiffel Tower at this intimate fine hotel located in a renovated 18th century townhouse. Be sure to request a room with a view of the Eiffel Tower.
10. Hotel VernetWith a grand location near the Arc de Triomphe and just off the Champs Elysees, this quaint hotel is a prime choice for honeymooners. It also features spa services at a location within walking distance, including a pool, sauna and Turkish bath at no extra cost for guests.
Have you stayed at any of these hotels? Or have you discovered a great, romantic hotel in Paris (or anywhere in France, for that matter)? Be sure to submit a hotel review to assist your fellow travelers.