Paris is one of the world's most expensive cities, but it's also one of the top tourist attractions. Find out how to conserve your cash for the finer things, like a fabulous dinner or incredible shopping, with this list of the best budget, cheap Paris hotels. It features high-quality cheap places to stay in Paris.
1. Hotel Langlois
Rob MacDougall/Photographer's Choice/Getty Images
This under $100 hotel provides just about the best bang for the euro you will find in this pricy city. This is easily one of Paris' most popular budget hotels. It is just a few steps from the Metro and the RER. It is also oozing with character, in a building dating back to the 1800s but with a recent renovation.
Location is the best selling point for this hotel. Paris' Hotel Britannique is right in the heart of it, just a few steps from the Seine River, Les Halles, the historic Place du Châtelet, the hip Le Marais neighborhood, Notre Dame cathedral and Le Louvre. Once a popular stopover for jazz performers, today this inexpensive hotel features small but atmospheric rooms.
3. Hotel ChopinWith a great location and a Metro stop mere steps away, this hotel charms budget guests time and again. It's clean and comfortable, and the staff is inviting. In an older building, it is also quaint and charming. No, this isn't the Ritz. But for the price range, these are incredible Parisian digs.
4. Hotel de Notre Dame
This hotel offers a lot of bang for the euro. It is situated in the heart of things, near Notre Dame cathedral, the quaint Ile Saint Louis, just across the Seine from major sites like the Louvre, and close to the hip Latin Quarter. But it's also off a quiet side street that provides some sanctuary. The rooms are a bit small with some retro decor, but they do have a bit of character with touches like exposed beams. All in all, a good choice.
5. Abotel Prince Albert LouvreWith a prime first arrondissement location near the Louvre, the Metro and tons of shopping, this is a great bargain hotel in Paris. While the hotel is aging, its rooms are clean and the staff is extremely helpful. Best of all, the prices start at 69 little euros for a single room.
6. Ideal HotelThe rock-bottom rates for this hotel, in the 50-euro range, are one of its biggest allures. No, it isn't fancy. The rooms are small and a bit dated. But it is clean, and it has an ideal location walking distance to the Louvre and public transportation.
7. Hotel des Arts MontmartreFor a true taste of life in Montmartre, this is the perfect budget stopover. It has a fabulous location near the Sacre Couer and Moulin Rouge. They even offer wi-fi Internet service. The rooms might be small, in typical Parisian style, but they are nicely decorated. All this for a pricetag starting at 62 euros nightly for a single.
8. Hotel du Square d'Anvers MontmartreThis hotel is cozy and welcoming, even if it isn't luxurious. For the price, it has a fine location and is right on the route of a tourist hop-on hop-off bus. The decor is attractive, and not run-down. The rooms are cheerful, but small.
9. Hotel Lyon BastilleThis is a fine small hotel. Starting at 80 euros nightly for a single, this is a true bargain. It features free wi-fi Internet access. Some of the rooms are surprisingly large, and feature wrought-iron balconies. It's a short distance from the Gare de Lyon train station, making it a great bouncing point for daytrips outside the city.
10. Hotel Rive GaucheLiterally, the name means Hotel Left Bank, and it is well situated near the hip St. Germain neighborhood. The rooms are cozy and atmospheric. It is situated a short distance from the Louvre and the d'Orsay museums, a great choice for art lovers.
Have you stayed at any of these hotels? Have you discovered a great budget hotel in Paris? Or did you stay at a hotel that was a real dive? Send your hotel review and help other travelers!