About Montpellier, France:
Why Visit Monpellier, France:
Getting to Montpellier:
You can get a Europe or France rail pass. Then, you can fly into Paris (which is much more likely to be a direct flight, and usually costs less) and take the train to the Montpellier train station.
You can fly into any major European city and rent a car. Search Kayak for car rental rates.
If you want to visit for an extended period, vist other French or European destinations, and truly explore the Languedoc region, consider renting a car.
Top Montpellier Attractions and Things to Do:
- Place de la Comedie, the heart of the city and lined with cafes and shopping. This is also home to markets, and you must see the Opera and the Three Graces statue.
- Faculty of Medicine, established in the 12th century and the oldest medical school in the occidental world still in operation.
- La Promenade Royale du Peyrou, a park and oasis from the bustle of the city. It's also right next to Montpellier's replica of Paris' Arc de Triomphe
Where to Stay in Montpellier:
- La Maison Blanche, in an impressive Colonial style manor and features lush greenery on the grounds.
- Hotel Sofitel Montpellier, an upscale and centrally-located Montpellier hotel.
- Chateau Residence de Bionne is outside of the city center, but is situated in a beautiful 17th century manor.
- Hotel d'Aragon is a great place to stay if you want location, as it's situated a few steps from the Place de la Comedie.
- Royal Hotel is also blessed with a great location right next to the Place de la Comedie.