Navigating the city of Paris, whether on foot, by car or via the Metro public transportation system, is not simple. A good Paris map is crucial for any visit to this wonderful European city. Here are the top maps of Paris, including maps of the Metro and Parisian attractions.
1. Insight Paris FlexiMapI've always been a fan of the Insight products, as they are visually appealing and user-friendly. This Paris map is a laminated, fold-out street-by-street guide to the city. It is focused on the tourist more than the driver, with attractions and Metro stops printed on the full-color maps.
2. International Travel Maps - ParisThe details - down to attractions and Metro stops as well as bus line numbers - are the best selling point of this map. It's also laminated and water-proof. The flip side is a large and detailed Metro map.
3. Paris by the MetroThe idea behind this city map/pseudo travel guide is genius. It approaches navigating Paris by its public transportation system (not just the Metro, but also the buses and trains). Via these transportation routes, these maps will guide you to the city's top 50 attractions.
4. Paris Pop-Out MapFor a true pocket map, this small map is easy to take with you while you wander the lovely Paris streets. There are great details, including the city's main attractions. The Origami-style map is so much easier to pop open and closed quickly when you're out in the city.
5. Paris Outskirts MapIf you will have a car in Paris, or even rent one for daytrips around the Parisian suburbs, this map is needed to avoid getting lost. The Michelin folding map features all the major towns and villages that make up the Paris outskirts. The map features handy icons and symbols for major attractions.