Point Saint Jean
Tel.: 00 33 (0)2 31 51 28 28
Getting to BayeuxBayeux is an ideal add-on to a trip to the Normandy Landing beaches
- By car: Direct access by motorway, A13 and A84, then the N13
- By train: Bayeux is on the Paris-St Lazare-Cherbourg line. Paris-Bayeux direct takes 2 hours. The train station is 700m from the museum
- Car ferry: Port of Ouistreham (30km)
- There are buses to Bayeux from Caen and Ouistreham: take the green bus line.
You can book a hotel in and around Bayeyx through the Tourist Office
My other recommendations
Le Petit MatinOutside Bayeux
This charming chambre d’hote (bed and breakfast) with its own square tower is right in the center, just near the Cathedral.
2 bis rue Quincangrogne
Tel.: 00 33 (0)2 31 10 09 27
Book Le Petit Matin
Rates: $ What this means
- Chateau d’Audrieu
A wonderful chateau and historic monument apparently built by the Lord Percy, William the Conqueror’s personal chef. It’s between Caen and Bayeux.
14250 Audrieu, Calvados
Tel.: 00 33 (0)2 50 30 84 75
Rates: $$$-$$$$ What this means
- La Ferme de la Rançonnière
A welcoming, historic farm and manoir around a huge courtyard just 5 kilometers (3 miles) from Arromanches-les-Bains and the Normandy Landing Beaches.
Tel.: 00 33 (0)2 31 22 21 73
Rates: $$ What this means
Half-board is also available. Ask when you book