Peugeot Open Europe Buyback Lease Program:
If you will be renting a car in France for 17 days or more, you can save money, drive a brand-new car, rent even if you're under age 25, and get free, included, no-deductible car rental insurance with the Peugeot Buyback Lease program. Here are the pros and cons of the car rental program, and an explanation of how it works and why it can be cheaper than traditional car rentals in Europe.
Who Should Use a Peugeot Buyback Lease?:
- You will be driving in Europe for 17 days or more.
- You are a young or old driver (as car rentals won't allow these drivers).
- You want the security of comprehensive insurance in several countries (as some only cover one country, and all charge extra).
- You are not a citizen of the European Union, or you are an EU expat living outside Europe currently.
- You prefer a brand new car.
- You have an extensive European itinerary planned.
- You want to drop off in another city withour paying a fortune.
How the Peugeot Buyback Lease Works:
The buyback lease in some ways can sound too good to be true. After all, how can they give you a brand new car for less than you'd pay for a traditional rental? The reason it's a good deal all around is that locals must pay a higher tax on a brand new car. Non-EU residents are exempt. So you get the new car, avoid the tax, and they can sell it afterwards for less. You are technically buying the car, and then they buy it back from you after your lease period.
The Cost of a Peugeot Buyback Lease:
There is a wide range of car models available, and a corresponding wide range of price tags. For example, a basic, compact Peugeot 207 will run about $50 daily for the minimum 17 days of rental. The sporty, top-of-the-line Peugeot 407 with GPS costs around $150 daily.
Where Can I Pick Up a Car?:
This is one of the great aspects of the Peugeot program. While most car rental companies charge exorbitant fees if you drop off at a different location, you get no extra charge for picking up and dropping off at numerous French cities. You can also pick up or drop off at several other cities throughout Europe (including London, Rome, Frankfurt, Amsterdam and Barcelona) for an extra fee ranging from about $140 to $275.
The Pros of the Peugeot Buyback Lease:
- Free 24-hour roadside assistance.
- Full factory warranty on car.
- Unlimited miles or kilometers.
- There are no extra driver charges.
- You can drive freely (with insurance coverage) in 34 countries, including Andorra, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Gibraltar, Greece, Morocco, Romania and Turkey.
- You can customize with some handy extras at your choice (and expense), like child car seats, luggage racks and surfboard racks.
- You only have to be 18 years old, and there is no maximum age.
The Cons of the Peugeot Buyback Lease:
- You must rent a car for at least 17 days.
- While it is typically cheaper per-day to
- You will probably get the car with hardly a drop of gasoline in it.
- You will not earn airline miles or other bonus programs typically offered by car rental companies.
- You must prepay for the car, and face fees for cancelling even 16 days before the lease start date.
- There is more paperwork involved than in a typical car rental.
Book a Peugeot Buyback Lease:
For more information, to review available models or to book a Peujeot Open Europe Buyback Lease, visit the Auto Europe Peujeot Open Europe page.