The Cannes Film Festival doesn't just involve the competition for the hottest new films, stars and directors. It also recognizes short films, student directors and pays tribute to the history of the film industry. Here is a list of short films, Cinefondation and Cannes Classics for the 2006 Cannes Film Festival.
- "The Water Diary," by Jane Campion
- "Les Signes," by Eugene Green
- "Stanley's Girlfriend," by Monte Hellman
- "Sida," by Gaspar Noe
- "Un Lever de Rideau," by Francois Ozon
- "Primera Nieve," by Pablo Aguero
- "Poyraz," by Belma Bas
- "Banquise,"(Iceflow), by Claude Barras and Cedric Louis
- "Ongeriewe," by Robin Kleinsmidt
- "Conte de Quartier," by Florence Miailhe
- "Film Noir," by Osbert Parker
- "Sniffer" by Bobbie Peers
- "Sexy Thing," by Denie Pentecost
- "Nature's Way," by Jane Shearer
- "O Monstro," (The Monster), by Eduardo Valente
- Yaniv Berman, University of Tel-Aviv, Israel,"Even Kids Started Small"
- Andreas Bolm, HFF Munchen, Germany, "Jaba"
- Anirban Datta, Satyajit Ray Film & Television Institute, India,"Tetris"
- Deniz Gamze Erguven, La fémis, France, "Bir Damla Su"
- Dustin Feneley, VCA, Australia, "Snow"
- Sian Heder, AFI, U.S., "Mother"
- Matthias Huser, HGKZ, Switzerland, "Hunde"
- Bruno Jorge, ESPM, Brazil, "Justica ao Insulto"
- Etienne Kallos, NYU, U.S., "Doorman"
- Agnes Kocsis, Szinhaz-es Filmmuveszeti Egyetem, Hungary, "A Virus"
- Axel Koenzen, DFFB, Germany, "Firn"
- Nadav Lapid, The Sam Spiegel Film and TV School, Israel, "Ha'Chavera Shell Emile," (Emile's Girlfriend))
- Stefan Mueller, Fachhochschule Wiesbaden, Germany, "Mr. Schwartz, Mr. Hazen and Mr.Horlocker"
- Milla Nybondas, Turku Arts Academy, Finland, "Elastinen Parturi," (The Elastic Barber)
- Gustavo Riet, Universidad del Cine, Argentina, "Ge and Zeta"
- Anocha Suqichakornpong, Columbia University, U.S., Graceland
- Jaap Van Heusden, NFTA, Pays-Bas, "Een Ingewikkeld Verhaal, Eenvoudig Verteld," (A Complicated Story, Simply Told)
Cannes Classics Documentaries on Cinema
- Mario Canale, Annarosa Morri, "Marcello Una Vita Dolce," (Marcello a Sweet Life)
- Anne Feinsilber, "Requiem for Billy the Kid"
- Marie Genin, Serge July, "Il Etait une Fois... Rome Ville Ouvert."
- Sam Pollard, "John Ford/John Wayne: The Filmmaker and the Legend."