Cannes, home of the world-famous film festival that attracts celebrities and fans alike, is a wonderful Riviera beach town. Near the waterfront, there are shops catering to the rich and famous, like a Ferrari gift shop and Gucci. Along side streets, there are also wonderful hip clothing shops and boutiques selling Provencal wares.
It is never more happening than during the annual May festival. Here is a gallery of photos of the city during the festivities. Watch this spot, as photos will be constantly added.
Be sure to see the full coverage with the main Cannes Film Festival 2009 page.
You can either choose individual pictures to view below, or click on the first image and continue clicking "next" to take a virtual tour.
- Cannes' Bustling Croissette
- Cannes Artist
- Carlton & Brad Pitt
- Cannes Sandman
- Yachts and cruiseships in Cannes harbour
- The Cannes shoreline, with the white festival tents along its edges.
- Fans don Shrek ears for the showing of the sequel at Cannes.
- Upscale shopping in Cannes.
- A street performer and his trained cat in Cannes.
- Security guards at the entrance to the red carpet in Cannes.
- Protestors offer support for Michael Moore's controversial Farenheit 911 film.