The Bottom Line
Live like royalty at this chateau converted into a fine hotel. The rooms are beautifully decorated, and the 150-acre grounds are ideal for walking. The restaurant has fine, memorable cuisine.
- Luxurious accomodations
- Divine dining
- Lovely grounds for walking
- A unique experience
- Perfect honeymoon accommodations
- Not in a city
- Not near public transportation
- A car or taxi is really needed
- About an hour outside of Paris in St. Symphorien le Chateau, Esclimont is in a great location.
- Visit Chartres, Rambouillet Chateau, Maintenon Chateau, Versailles or travel to the City of Lights.
- The chateau and its spires, built in the 1500s, harken back to the days of kings and queens.
- Even we mere peasants can afford at least a brief stay, with some rooms as low as 230 euros nightly.
- Oliver Dupart, head chef at the chateau, has worked at two three-Michelin-star restaurants.
- The chateau can be reserved for weddings. What could be more fairy-tale than vows at a castle?
- The chateau has two tennis courts, heated pool, lake, fishing, canoeing and golf on its 150 acres.
Guide Review - Chateau d'Esclimont Review
A stay at the Chateau d'Esclimont is liking taking a step back in time to the days royalty romped about the Loire Valley. This hotel, about an hour from Paris, is a luxurious oasis. Nestled on 150 acres, the chateau (French for "castle") has rooms that are finely decorated.
During your stay, be sure to eat dinner in the restaurant for an out-of-this-world experience. The desserts as a special treat, so don't fill up on the meal alone.
For some romance, wander the grounds hand-in-hand. There are gardens, a lake, and trails.
The hotel is a little out of the way. There is no train stop here, so a car is almost mandatory (with the only other alternative being a pricey cab ride). But with a car, you are well situated to visit many destinations.