Want to have the friends over and live it up, Gay Paris style? Have a France-themed party, featuring cuisine, wine and the mood of the French.
Time Required: As long as you like!
- Decide on a theme. Will you focus on one region of France? Or perhaps a particular style, like Paris bistro?
- Invite your friends, and ask each to bring one dish and one bottle of wine. If the theme is specific, such as an Alsace theme, ask them to bring items from that region.
- Everyone can also print up recipe cards (enough to go around) so that you can compile recipe books for guests to take home.
- During the party, sample the various specialties everyone brought. Do a wine tasting.
- Watch movies set in France to get in the mood.
- Be sure to top of the night's festivities with a bottle of authentic champagne and a selection of French pastries. Divine!
- For fun, cover each wine in a brown paper bag and let guests discuss their favorites.
- For invitees who don't cook, suggest alternatives they can bring. They could search for French trivia online, or bring the movies set in France.
What You Need
- French cookbook
- Gourmet ingredients